Preparing for College & Career Class
Naviance is a college and career readiness platform that helps connect academic achievement to post-secondary goals. Introduced during the 2016-17 school year, Naviance Family Connection is a comprehensive website that you can use to help in making plans about courses, college, scholarships and careers. Family Connection is linked with Naviance, a service that we use in our district to track and analyze data about college and career plans, so it provides up-to-date information that’s specific to our district.
Family Connection will allow you to:
- Get involved in the planning and advising process – Build a resume, complete online surveys, manage timelines, task and deadlines assign by your counselor and yourself.
- Stay Connected! – Communicate with your counselor anytime, anywhere using the notes and email sections of the site.
- Research colleges – Compare GPA, standardized test scores and college cost, size and other important information that helps you make your college choice.
- Research Careers – Research hundreds of careers and career clusters, and take career assessments like the Do What You Are test.
- Create plans for the future – Create goals, add to-do items for yourself, and complete task assigned to you by your counselor to better prepare you for your future college and career goals.
Family Connection will also let us share IMPORTANT information with you about upcoming college visits, critical meeting and events, local and national scholarship opportunities and other resources for college and career planning.
Parent Family Connection log-in information was sent via email during 2nd quarter. If you do not know your log-in information, please contact your student’s counselor for more information.