In response to the Covid-19 pandemic, the USDA has issued waivers for public schools across the country to provide FREE MEALS TO ALL STUDENTS. South Harrison Community School Corporation implemented reimbursable free meals to students on September 16, 2020 and has been approved to continue offering reimbursable free meals to students for the remainder of the 2020-2021 school year.
All students in grades Pre-K thru 12 will receive a free reimbursable breakfast and lunch while enrolled in the SHCSC. A reimbursable lunch consists of 3-5 meal components (meat or meat alternative, grain/bread, fruit, vegetable, and milk), one of which must be a fruit or vegetable. A reimbursable breakfast includes 3 components (grains can count twice), one must be a fruit or vegetable.
Students will still be able to purchase a la carte items as well as extra food at regular pricing. Student meal money will remain in their account for the beginning of the 2021-2022 school year.
We still recommend that all families, who believe they may be eligible, fill out a free and reduced application if you have not already done so. This will allow you to receive meals, based on your eligibility, for the first 30 days of the 2021-2022 school year.
We are very excited to continue this opportunity to our South Harrison families to help provide financial relief during this
extraordinary time! We encourage you to take advantage of it.
Please feel free to contact Stephanie Zimmerman, Food Service Coordinator, with any questions you may have.
- Breakfast and Lunch Menus
- Cafeteria Scan Card Information (junior high and high school only)
- e-Learner Meal Pickup Information
- Enjoy Breakfast at School Memo
- EZSchool Pay Website
- Free/Reduced-Price Lunch Information and Application
- Full Nondiscrimination Statement
- Healthy School Snacks, Celebrations, and Fundraisers
- Meal Prices, Payments, and Balances
- Parent Guide to the Lunch Line
- School Nutrition Public Announcement