South Harrison’s Technology Vision
We envision a technology-rich community engaged in learning.
- We believe that technology empowers every learner.
- We believe that technology equalizes learning opportunities.
- We believe that technology enhances authentic learning.
- We believe that technology extends learning beyond the classroom.
Click here to view our Technology Vision Flier.
Current Classroom Technology Environment
Students at all grade levels use technology daily to further their learning. Our current technology environment is as follows:
- Students in our preschool programs have access to a small classroom set of iPads. However, time on these devices is extremely limited as students focus more on social interaction, discovery, and play.
- Students in kindergarten to grade 2 are 2:1 with iPads (2 students/device).
- Students in grades 3-4 are 1:1 with iPads.
- Students in grades 5-8 are 1:1 with Chromebooks.
- Students in grades 9-12 are 1:1 with traditional laptops.
In addition to student devices, our teachers have their own devices and our classrooms are equipped with projectors, speakers, and interactive boards. Some classrooms are equipped with even more technology depending on the type of instruction that occurs.