South Harrison’s Technology Vision
We envision a technology-rich community engaged in learning.
- We believe that technology empowers every learner.
- We believe that technology equalizes learning opportunities.
- We believe that technology enhances authentic learning.
- We believe that technology extends learning beyond the classroom.
Click here to view our Technology Vision Flier.
Current Classroom Technology Environment
Students in grades K-12 use technology daily to further their learning. Our current technology environment is as follows:
- Students in our preschool programs do not use technology in the classroom. Instead, students focus more on social interactions, discovery, and play.
- Students in grades K-3 are 1:1 with iPads.
- Students in grades 4-12 are 1:1 with Chromebooks.
In addition to student devices, our teachers have their own devices and our classrooms are equipped with projectors, speakers, and interactive boards. Some classrooms are equipped with even more technology depending on the type of instruction that occurs.
Student and Family Resources
Students should be able to access all of the required technology tools right from their device. Apps are pre-loaded onto the student devices. Required websites can be located by launching the Chrome browser and accessing the SHCSC Bookmarks. Additional websites for students can be found on the Student QuickLinks page.
Families can access resources by visiting the Parent QuickLinks page.