The mission of Title I is to provide the resources to support the success and growth of every student.
We are committed to providing high-quality instruction in the classroom.
- Paraprofessionals lead daily small group reading instruction.
- Paraprofessionals support classroom instruction in targeting students’ individual needs.
- Teachers and paraprofessionals collaborate bi-weekly.
We are committed to supporting ongoing professional development for staff.
- Title I instructional coaches provide training for paraprofessionals.
- Title I instructional coaches analyze data to assist teachers in identifying areas of need.
- Title I instructional coaches provide training for teachers in corporation initiatives.
Title I Support at South Harrison
Title I provides school-wide services in both Language Arts and Math at the following schools:
- Corydon Elementary School (PK-3)
- Heth Washington Elementary School (PK-6)
- New Middletown Elementary School (PK-6)
- South Central Elementary School (PK-5)
Title I provides supplemental services at Wyandotte House.
Jill Timberlake, Director Title I
812-738-2168 ext. 1040
Diane Owen, Instructional Coach
812-738-4183, ext. 4032
Michael Rhoads, Instructional Coach
812-969-2973 ext. 7102