Whenever possible, South Harrison uses Novell Internet Protocol Printing (IPP) to allow users to print. This allows hundred of users access to the same printer if desired while using the Novell network authentication to make sure un-authorized users are refused access.
All 1:1 laptops already have the IPP client installed, and you can right-click on this icon in the system tray in the lower-right side of windows to access Document Status to check the print queue to see if your document printed already or where it lies in the line.
Install a Printer
All IPP printers for your school are preinstalled on the 1:1 laptops. If a printer is deleted, restarting the machine should return it to its former status. If for some reason, you want to install a printer that isn't on your machine, you can use the map.
- Double-click the icon that opens the map to the floor of the school you want to install a printer to, either Upper or Lower
- Find the room that has the printer you want to use on the map.
- Click on the printer symbol in that room.
- When asked if you want to install it now, click Yes.
- Wait while it installs (a window will open showing its progress)
- When done, a message will pop up informing you of the status of the printer.
If the printer fails to install, re-authenticate to the school network and try again. If that doesn't work, contact the school's technology depot.